With the regular season just around the corner, the oddsmakers in Las Vegas have released their latest 2018 NFL MVP odds.
As usual, the players with the best odds at taking home the prestigious honor all happen to play quarterback. In fact, the three non-quarterbacks with the best chance at winning the award (according to the odds in Vegas) are Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley (+2000), Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott (+3000), and Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell (+4000). The only defensive player to make the cut for Bovada was Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, who is an extreme long shot with 100-1 (+10000) odds.
Without further adieu, here is a look at the players with the best odds at winning the 2018 NFL MVP award.
Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints (+1600)
While Brees is unquestionably one of the most productive quarterbacks in NFL history, his MVP chances may not be all that great in 2018 if the Saints continue to place a heavy emphasis on their rushing attack.
Deshaun Watson, QB, Houston Texans (+1500)
Prior to going down with a knee injury in 2017, Watson showed the NFL just how special he really is. If the former Clemson standout returns to full strength, the Texans will have themselves one of the best quarterbacks game — and a bona fide MVP candidate.
Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots (+850)
The oddsmakers in Vegas clearly don’t seem to be too concerned about Father Time catching up to Brady in 2018. And in reality, the soon-to-be 41-year-old quarterback will likely be a top contender for this year’s MVP award if he leads the Patriots to another double-digit win total this fall.
Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles (+700)
Wentz was likely on track to win the 2017 MVP award before suffering a torn ACL last December. As long as he stays healthy, there is no reason to believe he won’t be a top contender for the honor in 2018.
Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers (+500)
Rodgers is the best offensive player in the NFL today. If he stays healthy, Rodgers has a great chance to take home his third career MVP award.
Other notable players to watch:
- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, San Francisco 49ers (+1600)
- Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams (+2000)
- Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks (+2200)
- Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers (+2200)
- Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons (+2200)
- Kirk Cousins, QB, Minnesota Vikings (+2200)
- Philip Rivers, QB, Los Angeles Chargers (+2800)
- Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts (+2800)
- Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers (+3000)
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys (+3000)
More from The Odds-On Favorite:
- Philadelphia Eagles 2018 Prop Bets: Betting Odds and Predictions
- Betting Odds For Who Will Be the Worst NFL Team in 2018
- Dallas Cowboys 2018 Prop Bets: Betting Odds and Predictions